FBC has a long history, going back to its beginning in 1873. It was organized with nineteen charter members. The first building was on Second Street in Milford, where it still stands today.

The church was incorporated in 1934 but remained small until the 1950’s. In 1962, they built and dedicated the first building at the current 10-acre location on Old Shawnee Road. The present 450-seat auditorium was built in 1974 as the church grew. The Milford Christian School was established in 1975 and the Education Building was built in 1981.

Over the years, thirty-four Pastors have served FBC. Outreach became a vital part of the church, both locally and around the world, and the church now supports over 120 Missionaries.

Dr. David Perdue has served as Pastor since 1999 and has continued to lead the church in reaching out to, and serving, Milford and the surrounding communities.